However, to those who do engage in the fight against the "pro-choice" principle, the main problem is that the opposition takes a rational, pagan stance. For them, the right to abortion is a matter of convenience, personal choice and, in the case of the "unfit," a dire necessity. It is truly difficult to see what arguments can be deployed to shift their position. It is as much a question of belief as ours--only they are SURE that there is no God and, so, no absolute morality, while we believe the contrary. [emph. added]|
-- Lynette Burrows, well-known English author, journalist, and broadcaster,
Faith-Based Pro-Life Documents
- One Jew's Look Through Judaism at Abortion By Sherry Davison (Jewish)
- An Address By Donald W. Trautman, Bishop of Erie -- March for Life Rose Dinner, Washington, DC, January 22, 1999 (Roman Catholic)
- Living the Gospel of Life: A Challenge to American Catholics -- A Statement by the Catholic Bishops of the United States (November 17, 1998)
- A Biblical Perspective on Abortion -- Adopted by the General Presbytery of the Assemblies of God, August 6, 1985. (Pentecostal)
- LIGHT AND SHADOWS: Our Nation 25 Years After Roe v. Wade -- A Statement of the National Conference of Catholic Bishops (November 12, 1997)
- Abortion -- Rabbi David Novak of the University of Toronto
- The Gospel of Life -- Pope John Paul II (Roman Catholic -- addressed to "all People of Good Will.")
- The Tyrant State -- Dr. Robert George, Princeton University (First Things magazine, November, 1996)
- Democracy and Morality -- Dr. Robert George, Princeton University (Franciscan University Focus) "We must be Christian activists."
- Abortion, Oikonomia, and the "Hardcases" -- Valarie H. Protopapas (Orthodox Christian -- The Christian Activist, Vol.5)
- A Christian Manifesto -- Francis Schaeffer (Presbyterian / Evangelical)
- That They May Have Life -- prepared by The President's Commission on the Sanctity of Life (Lutheran Church -- Missouri Synod)
- We Hold These Truths: A Statement of Christian Conscience and Citizenship -- sponsored by the Editors of First Things (October, 1997)
- 1974 Declaration on Procured Abortion (Roman Catholic)
This is just the beginning. Please check back periodically.
"A society that believes in nothing can offer no argument even against death. A culture that has lost its faith in life cannot comprehend why it should be endured."
-- Andrew Coyne, Canadian newspaper columnist (Southam Newspapers),
commenting on why the idea of euthanasia killing has gained a foothold